Monday, September 18, 2006

Woo Hoo, what a start to the week.

This morning the post brought me the latest issue of Popular Patchwork Magazine (Autumn 2006). Nothing odd there, I subscribe so I expect it to turn up, but the cover tells me there is coverage of the 'Charmed I'm Sure' quilt challenge. This is the contest Penny entered, so maybe her quilt is in the magazine. I turned straight to the contents page to fine the article. I am not in the habit of squealing like a girl, but I made an exception, there was my red nude on the contents page. Wow! For the first time I noticed how much care they take over placing page numbers on the images they use. Funny how a personal involvement makes you pay attention isn't it. Anyway, composure regained and indeed Penny's quilt is in the item about the show. Page 13.

Now I had to find the article my quilt is advertising. It is the review of the Festival of quilts by Gillian Cooper. I am so thrilled with it. The picture of the 'Nudes Triptych' is really good, and they have mentioned the photographer who took the picture I used, Alex Treacher. I guess I will be getting a couple of spare copies this month, as my copy was pretty beat up by the time it arrived, and I think I will be looking back at this article a few times. So for those of you in the UK (does this magazine make it out of the country?) it's a neat little review of the show, and has the first installment of pictures of the challenge quilts. Also there is a very good article about making landscapes in contemporary quilts.

3 comments:

Penny said...

It's really exciting, isn't it? I can't wait to get my copy.

If you hadn't suggested it, Ferret, I'd have never thought to enter.

Ferret said...

I'm just thrilled it worked out so well.

Dormouse said...

That is wonderful. What a nice surprise. I need to pick up my copy tomorrow.

Congratulations.