Sunday, September 03, 2006

Fran Jones strikes again

I had a plan, for the whole day, everything I was going to do. So there I was having brunch, reading a book about illuminated letters when the phone rang. It took me a minute to understand who was calling. It was Fran's husband. I was thrilled to hear from him, thanks Mandy for telling him about my blog. He seems such a sweet guy.

While at the festival of quilts I was handed a flyer about 'Donne per donne' fiber art cards for women after breast cancer. I was interested, but I tend to work big. I couldn't see what I could do that small. I filed the flyer, but largely put it out of my mind. Then it hit me, Fran had told me that I should quilt everything on my longarm, no matter how small... You can see where this is going can't you. I've got to do some postcards, and they just have to be quilted on the longarm. So with these words ringing in my ears I hang up the phone and see the book. So now I have a mission, illuminated letters, postcard size, done on the longarm. Two hours later I think I have a way to do it. Well I have one design I can draw, so theoretically I can make it on the longarm right. So this is all Frans fault, but I suspect she would find the very funny, and of course now I've told you all about it, I have to do it don't I. Wish me luck, I know I like to do the impossible but even so...

1 comment:

Dormouse said...

Yes you definitely have to do it.

Good Luck!!!!!