Monday, July 12, 2010

Holiday Starrfire - Quilting Video

While I was quilting Holiday Starrfire we took some video to show how it was done. We remebered it today and got it uploaded so I can now share it with you. I would like to point out that my ruler technique isn't the official one. I don't have a stitch reglator on the machine so I just reduce my speed a little and cheat. It works for me, at least with that ruler it does (yes this is one of the ones I was trying to remember the name of last week). I suppose I really use it more like an extra guide and bump the foot with it.

The needle of the machine isn't moving as slowly as the video might suggest. If you look carefully you will see you appear to get several stitches for one stroke of the needle. This is caused by the machine running too fast for the camera to pick up the motion. The camera also wasn't keen on some of my fabrics. I guess they are kinda bright and high contrast.

Anyway, enough of me jabbering. Hope you enjoy the video. If you would like me to film more let me know and I am open to (clean, quilt related) suggestions for future videos.


15 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! Thank you so much for that! I like the quilt but I really love the quilting.

Hugz

Vicki W said...

It's fabulous!

Claudia said...

amazing i love your quilt and your quilting is awesome. I am going to watch it many times. Thank you claudia

Tassyquilts said...

Thankyou I enjoyed watching that. And now I feel like doing some quilting myself.

Trudi said...

I really enjoyed the footage, very enlightening on your process. And yes, would love to see more! It's a beautiful quilt!

Kath Garvey said...

Ferret, that was great. I loved the video, and I love the control you have with the ruler and no stitch regulation. Beautiful quilt. Would love to see some more videos
Thank you for sharing
Kath.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed watching you quilting. Wonderful video and I would love to see more of them. Thank you for showing this one.

Susan Briscoe said...

Watching that was like meditation for quilters (have just left my machine for a break!)

;-)

Amanda said...

Why can't I see any video?

Ferret said...

It may be a flash issue. Can you see a circle with either an f or an arrow in it?

Tracey said...

Nice Video! Went down very well with my glass of vino tonight. Thank you.

Borderline Quilter said...

Thank you Ferret....
The video is mesmerising...I can't keep up with the commentory captions for watching you quilt...lol...had to keep skipping back...will be watching this over and over...Yes more videos please!

Best Wishes
Kay in Scotland

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

This is gorgeous... thanks for sharing.

Joanne said...

Thanks for the video! Very inspirational.
The quilt turned out beautifully!!

Amanda said...

Thanks Ferret, I've now watched it at home. Serves me right for using a hotel 'puter!!

I really must finish sorting the timing on my little Nolting and get quilting again! It's very theraputic.

Deffo more videos!