Monday, September 18, 2006

Responsible pet ownership

I am a little late posting an update because I am a responsible pet owner. So when my cat calls me over to inspect it's new toy and I find a newt, I have to take the newt to a place of safety. The cat's have only brought in common newts, but even so. I like newts and I would like to see them thrive. Having talked to the RSPCA the first time it happened we now take them to the local park and release them there.

Before the feline intervention I made pretty good progress. I've now got all the rows of 'Digital Rainbow' sewn. They do indeed look much better more random. I have to confess my rainbow has six colours not the seven in the normal list. The problem is blue, indigo, violet isn't actually a very big range and it is pretty much impossible to get three clearly different rows, especially with the dulling of the colours caused by the printing technique. So either I had three rather scrappy looking rows or two great ones. Two great it was, and it is obviously a rainbow.

I've now moved on to considering the quilting. I was going to quilt each row with the colour thread that it represents using the name of the colour repeating. The problem with that is it would hide some of the details of the pictures. Given people seem to have a lot of fun trying to work out what they are, I don't think that will work. So I may just stitch in the ditch between each of the blocks. It isn't terribly exciting, but does it need to be? I think the design will stand just as well with the very simple quilting. I'd be interested to hear what you guys think.

No comments: