Wednesday, September 20, 2006

One down, one to go.

Well I've just put my entry pack for Road to California in to the post. It will be on it's way first thing tomorrow. It's a bit scary, I've been and looked at last years winners and they are amazing. I can't see any of mine getting in. On the other hand if I don't try I won't ever get in. I also think I need to find somewhere inside, well lit with a plain background for me to photograph my quilts. I just can't trust the weather. Today I was just getting everything together to go out I caught the weather forecast. We were going to be hit by sudden strong gusts of wind. Great, just what I didn't need. The camera came out unscathed but I have plenty of bruises and scrapes from grabbing things that were being blown about. Still if I hadn't given it a go today I wouldn't know what I have to improve. I am hoping I can find a way to hang digital rainbow inside and light it for it's pictures. Really it is the lighting that is the hardest part.

3 comments:

Dormouse said...

Oh lord. That must have been chaos. Was anything damaged? Apart from you obviously.

Penny said...

Oh Ferret, of course you have to enter! You encouraged me with the Charmed quilt, so this is your turn to be a bit daring.

Ferret said...

Nothing seriously damaged, the background sheet needs washing and the stands have a few new dents.

Thanks for the encouragement. I know I need to do it and try but it is so scary when everyone else is doing such amazing things.