Sunday, September 03, 2006

Bridge Three


While I was waiting for my paint to dry I worked on what I had planned for today. Bridge Three. I finally managed to get the freezer paper to stick eventually. I put the paper onto the ironing board first then the fabric on top and finally the teflon pressing sheet. It wasn't' the best bond I have ever managed but it held long enough. I am still hoping I might get them all quilted tonight but it isn't really likely.

Hmm, having uploaded the picture I have a problem with this top. The far tower just isn't straight. I think I will have to have a fiddle and see if I can improve it.

2 comments:

Dormouse said...

Apart from the wonky tower I like this one the best so far.

The fineness of the bridge structure looks really good against the black. Are you planning on rain again?

I hear you on the contrariness of fusibles. I've just been turning up my son's new school trousers with Steam a Seam. 2 pairs no problem, the third pair it decides not to stick. Apparently the fabric is slightly different and it doesn't like it. Glad you mananged to sort things.

Ferret said...

I've managed to straighten it a bit. I think I can live with it now. It's odd in real life it is very hard to see it is wonky. I had to use the camera on my phone to see if I was improving it.