Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Partial seams

You may remember I bought a kit at the NEC that I was making up. It's frustratingly close to being completed but other things have got in the way. The pattern calls for a partial seam on every block, and being lazy I wanted to chain piece them. I had thought I couldn't, then it came to me. I got Tet to take some video so you can see how it's done. It really did make the process a lot quicker.







Now I have to get some sleep. I was teaching machine quilting again today, to a very nice group of ladies. It was an early start though and I am not a morning person. Tomorrow, two classes up at Patchwork Corner.

10 comments:

Janet M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Janet M said...

Brilliant! I'll have to remember this one.

Quirky said...

You have no idea just how much I am going to make use of that technique...

Lana said...

Clever! But then I knew you were...

Joyce said...

Great idea! Thanks for that.

Quilts on Bastings said...

Fabulous tip - thanks.

Tracey said...

Nice video

Anonymous said...

OMG! why didn't I think of that!!!
thanks for sharing!!!!
<3 judi

Anonymous said...

That is so simple but so smart!

Kath Garvey said...

Ferret, thank you for a great tutorial, it has come at the right time, as I hope to start a quilt with partial seams next week.
I would never have thought to do that.