Friday, September 01, 2006

Listen to your mother.

When you mother told you to put things away as soon as you were done with them she was right. I've just spend the last hour looking for my quilt receipt and ticket for the Hever show. I had it yesterday, I copied the address off it to label my quilt. I then decided to leave it on my desk. There is no point putting it away on the file when I was just going to take it out again a week later now is there. Hmmm OK maybe there is a point, I would have been able to find it. After going through the bin for the second time and having taken everything off my desk except the bookcases (those who know my desk will appreciate what this task involved) I concluded I must have accidentally posted it to the US. Not really the sort of thing you want to have to confess to the organizers really. Fortunately that conclusion would have been wrong. I had taken a sewing machine off the desk yesterday to make more space to draw. Under the presser foot of that machine was my paperwork. Sensible, in a very dim sort of way. So whatever you've just left, go and put it away, you know it is the right thing to do. My paperwork is now in the quilt show folder where it should have been in the first place. I did discover that the guys have learned something about my filing system, they both told me to check the quilt show folder, as that must be where I had put it. Doh!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew I should have stayed on the computer longer instead of going to watch Lost and stitch on a binding. I had on my desk, last night, a pile of Tesco Clubcard Tokens worth £1400 in HOLIDAY!!! I remember thinking it wasn't worth putting them back in the file as I had to send them off first thing this morning. So I put them in a safe place. Obviously too safe. :(

Ferret said...

On the bright side they probably will turn up, assuming you didn't post a whole load of packages to the US last night.I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

I think we have to see thsi af proof our mothers were right. We should put things away :( I hate it when thing like this are right.

Anonymous said...

Thankfully I hadn't sent anything out so they had to still be in the house somewhere. Finally they turned up under a pile of fleece fabric waiting to go upstairs. I had to go back over everything I'd done last night. Ah well, horrible children are now happy because we're going to Disneyland Paris for Halloween. I must be mad.

The older I get the more I find myself repeating things my Mum always said to me. I watch the boys rolling their eyes in just the way I must have done too.

Putting things away has always been a problem of mine though. I seem to gravitate towards chaos and precarious piles of things everywhere. Not good practice at all.

Ferret said...

Nothing wrong with chaos, provided you have a good memory for where you put things. Normally I have a photographic memonry for where I last saw something, so my chaos works fine. Problem comes when the thing isn't distinctive or you just plain can't remember.Glad you found your vouchers.