Saturday, September 30, 2006

Challenge insight

I made the decision to limit the time I spent thinking about my quilt for the fast challenge. I didn't really expect it to make much difference to me, given that I usually work quite quickly once I have planned my design. Apparently the thinking phase is the main area of what I do, i am feeling very uncertain about this small quilt. I will keep going with it, I am interested in what I will manage to make of it, and I wonder if it will give me a new way to work for a different result. At the moment I don't think my final piece will be as good as what I have in my head, I guess my confidence comes in the planning, but still it should at least convey the feeling of what I am thinking of.

Given it is for a challenge I don't feel I can share my work here until I have put it onto the challenge site, so until then you will just have to make do with these reports. There are plans for these challenges to be a monthly event so you could still sign up for the next one if you wanted to join in.

2 comments:

The WestCountryBuddha said...

Hello Ferret! You asked about Dijanne Cevaal's book. The best thing to do is to email her and just ask for a copy. I paid for mine by PayPal, but I'm sure she has other payment methods set up as well. If you have difficulties just let me know and perhaps I could do it for you or something, or ask her to email you? Oh, and I love your blog!

Ferret said...

Thanks, will do. Glad you enjoy the blog.