Friday, September 08, 2006

Half a nude and a pile of colour

Sorry I've been rather quiet today. I've been trying to get a move on with the two quilts I need to get done. I do appreciate all the kind comments you've left for me. Yes I will take lots of pictures and I will try and get the up here on the Sunday.

So back to the projects in hand. I am about half way through putting together the nude. I have a head, shoulders and arms down to the wrists. Because of the way she is sitting most of her body is hidden so really I only have her legs and hands left to do. Of course hands and feet have far more pieces than any other body parts so they take proportionally longer, but I may be able to get it together tomorrow.

My printing is coming on well too. I am significantly over half way through the image processing and printing. It's been nice working on the two projects together as it involves a lot of moving around so i am not a sore and achy as I would have been just doing the printing on it's own. If anyone else is thinking of trying this be warned, it gets through ink at an alarming rate. I know my printer is pretty ink hungry but even so. I put in a new cartridge this morning and the printer is complaining it has run out. I should get another three or four sheets after that, maybe more given I have been using a lot of red and I am now working on green. It does mean that this will be a very expensive project but I am enjoying it, and I think it will work quite well.

No comments: