Monday, July 31, 2006

Quilt Labels

Some one on one of the mail lists I am on was asking about quilt labels, what they look like, what information you put on them. None of these have a great amount of information on them, but I hope it would be enough for them to find their way home even if we moved, as the URL gives a way to contact me. For quilts that I give as presents I always put on who I made it for, when and sometimes why. If the quilt has a story that goes on the label too. I like the label to tie in with the quilt as well. It doesn't show well in the photo but the Ginko's label is black (ish) so it doesn't glare on the black background. For 'See Sound' my PCB quilt the label is green with brown writing. I also like to have a design element from the front on the back, Bicameral's label has the same border as the front, and 'Delta Blues' main design element is a treble clef.

As you can guess from the picture, Gems 2 doesn't have it's label yet, but after a lot of handsewing we have everything else done on the 'Pair of Gems'. I will put the label on tomorrow then over to sir for the final trim and de -lint. Which means I now only have one quilt outstanding for the NEC. 'See Sound' is giving me a few issues. Tomorrow I am on a mission to find a cheap microphone, ideally with a built in pre-amp. This should improve the sensitivity enough that I can hide the mic inside the fabric replica and people can walk up to the quilt and talk to it or clap to make it light up. Hopefully I can find a cheap toy with this in and cannibalize that for my quilt, failing that I will have to look at building them from scratch. At least I can go to Toys-R-Us and claim I am working :)



No comments: