Thursday, July 06, 2006

Nudes Update

I've just received a letter from Twisted Threads. I'm surprised at how quickly they decided on the Quilt 2006 class given the show isn't until mid August. The nudes didn't get in, but they will still be on display there are I entered them into the pictorial section as well. It is a mixed result. It would have been great to get into a juried show on my first attempt, but it is a one prize class and I don't think I would have stood a chance. On the other hand in the pictorial class there are 3 awards and probably a slightly lower standard so I might have a better chance.

They also say that at this point they can't tell me anything about how many quilts entered, how many were selected or anything else. Though from reading the letter it sounds like the winner has already been selected. I find it amusing that they keep stressing that they won't tell anyone that the quilts failed to get into Quilt 2006. They are missing the point that it was good enough to try for that class :)

So keep everything crossed for the nudes to do well in the pictorial class.

No comments: