Friday, July 14, 2006

Can I just slip Spain in?

Two quilters one ironing board, there is bound to be congestion. I love the fact that quilting lets you ask some really odd questions. I can however state that not only is Spain in, but so is the rest of Europe. While I was making the master pattern this morning the quilt changed it's mind. It didn't want to be made of shards of brown fabrics. It wanted to be large areas of the animal prints I had collected for 'Wild Africa'. 'Wild Africa' won't be made for a while as it is one of the quilts I withdrew from Harrogate, so this seems like as good a use as any for the fabrics. I like the way the countries are disappearing from the map, it now just shows land mass and I hope it will make people think of all the endangered animals of the world. I am hoping to finish the top tomorrow, and will post a picture then.


These stripy sausages are actually the resistors for 'See Sound', to the right you can see the real thing. Yes all the bands reflect the real values of the resistors. I know how much little details being wrong bugs me, so I am trying to make this copy as accurate as possible. These have caused me a lot of trouble, well only the legs. I spent 3 hours yesterday trying different ways of doing them. I hadn't realized how much extra friction there is on this shiny fabric when you try to turn narrow tubes. They were made rather larger than I would have liked so they could be turned and then filled with trapunto wool. I am sure I have trapunto wool in the house somewhere but do you think I could find it when I needed it. Of course this would happen on a day when I didn't have a car too. A few frantic calls later and my LQS promised to get them in the post to me ASAP. Fortunately Robin managed to fit in a drive by wool collection. Without their help I'd still be waiting to make these. Thanks guys.

No comments: