Monday, July 10, 2006

Never tell me what can't be done


People really should learn not to tell me what can't be done. It just means I have to do it.

Today Robin was called by the organizers of a quilt show. They wanted to verify the size of his entry. It turns out that any quilt over 3m needs planning permission :) They then said they had handled a 6m quilt in the past :) So obviously I now need to come up with a design for a mega quilt.

I am thinking that some kind of mural would be good, or maybe a design that will only show itself at it's best when viewed from a distance. Maybe a massive soft sculpture? A whole quilted room? I saw a tea party last year. On the other hand is a room too obvious as needing planning permission? Or would it be a really interesting planning form, asking for permission to erect a room that isn't a room :) I can see me playing with this idea for a while. I guess they won't be getting many pieces that size just for the cost of materials involved, but I have to make one.

I've finally got to the bottom of the quilt on the frame. I was hoping to get it off the frame today, but tomorrow morning will do. I then need to get gems stabilized as quickly as possible so robin can get on with the rest of the quilting on it. It only needs to be done by the 4th August. No problem :) I still haven't started piecing the globe either, I did get the fabric though so there has been some progress. Now I need to have another go at this solder as you can see I have got a couple more on today already. I find it hard to believe that this needs 65 blobs, it doesn't looks like there is space for them all.

1 comment:

Nellie's Needles said...

Amazing! ... your "solder points" and your ambitious "daydreaming".