Thursday, July 06, 2006

Can you see what it is yet?



So can you? No point for Mr_Twig guessing, he knows. I would be interested if other people can though. It is so obvious to me, but then I am obsessed so it would be. Bonus points for knowing it's name.

The first picture shows my quilt storage. I've been asked several times this week where my quilts like when they aren't off at shows, and here is most of the answer. The art quilts are all hanging from a photographic backdrop stand. I found these were half the price of quilt stands but otherwise identical. As you can see it happily supports a lot of quilts. I have used two lengths of string to add extra rails and increase my hanging space. I don't actively rotate these quilts as they come and go the light exposure evens out over all of the quilts. The room is often dark and the curtains are always closed.

Behind/under the frame is a double wardrobe rail. It is a cheap plastic clothes rail. It has really wide poles and would not work for me to hang clothes on, most of my hangers wouldn't have a big enough hook. For quilts though it is great as it offers more support. These quilts I do move about and refold. I don't want the bottom ones to get creases set in them or the top ones to fade. The black, blue and red quilt is Robin's first ever bed quilt. It was made to colour coordinate with my car.

Finally in the bottom right you can just see a blanket bag holding 'Ginko typography'. This is just to keep fluff of it until the weather cools enough for me to put it on the bed. I am not sure about these bags as long term storage, but for this they seem to work well.

There you go, that is where quilts live. I do also have some hanging around the house, but it is a very compact and full house so I don't have space for them all.

1 comment:

Debra said...

Ok, I'm looking.. and I'll guess:
It's Night Rider!