Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Packing Marathon



We have had an evening of trimming de-linting and packing. 'Union Jack' is packed and ready to go as is 'Pair of Gems'. It is surprisingly tricky to follow all the packing rules and get all the little paper tags in the right place, but I think we have done it. You will have to excuse the quality of the pictures, it has been raining on off all day so I had to photograph them indoors. Also I can't get far enough away to fit the whole quilt in. I hope I will be able to get better pictures at the show. I think the quilt will look great against the white walls. You can't see it well in the pictures but the bindings each have a thin piping on them in the contrasting colour, it really makes them zing in real life.

'See Sound' is still causing trouble. I think I have blown something. The circuit has stopped working now. Fortunately I have someone I can ask to have a look at it with me, and that will be tomorrow nights project. During the day I can finish off the components and hopefully start putting them on the quilt. I am really looking forward to starting to built the fabric circuit.

I've got a new project nagging at me. I want to make building blocks of art. Like children have blocks with letters on and can make words, I want to make cubes that stack together to make images or patterns. I also want the design to flow around each block. I think I am going to have to keep myself very restrained. I like to work big, but the logistics of big blocks just isn't worth considering for a first attempt. I think six inch cubes will be quite big enough for the first attempts. I know I will have to start drawing these up soon, every time I pause (even at traffic lights) if comes back and nags at me. So watch this space.

1 comment:

Ferret said...

Cool :) Make sure you get some support gloves to help you hands out.