Friday, July 28, 2006

Tip of the day

I looked at one of my quilts today and it was beyond linty. It looks like someone has been using it as a duster :( It isn't dirty just covered in lint and hairs and threads. I could have gone at it with a lint roller, but with that amount on it it would have taken ages. Ages I don't have right now. Then I remembered, the bedding I washed earlier in the week and hung outside to dry looked as covered in cat hairs after washing as before, and usually it looks completely spotless. Hmm what did I do differently. Normally I tumble dry bedding. Therefore the tumble drier removes fuzz. Twenty minutes on cold in the tumble dryer and I would say most of the mess is off. I am giving it another twenty to finish off, but I am impressed. So if you need to clean hairs and lint of a quilt without having to use a lint roller you might want to give it a try. I wouldn't try it with wool waddings though.

No comments: