Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Local Quilt Shops

Support your local quilt shop and it will support you. A quick (3 hour) trip to buy some fabric for the sea on my globe, 'Tread Lightly' for the NEC did wonders for getting the creative juices flowing again. Getting to chat with like minded people in real time is still better than email. Sorry, but it is, and cups of tea don't seem to go through the phone lines very well. It was a successful shopping trip too, I have the sea. Very important given I want to use it as the base and built the land up on it.

Having got motivated I took another bash at the quilting. I am fairly pleased with how it is coming along, but I don't want to post any pictures until it is finished, sorry. After a trip to the Ace Cafe to admire the hotrods I've also done some more work on the piece I started yesterday, but I still don't think it would be recognizable, so no pictures of that yet either.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get the new piece to a state I can photograph and post it here. I also need to start making the components for the PCB. I am feeling quite excited about it again, which should get things moving.

No comments: