Friday, July 21, 2006

Computers

Hmmm can't live with them, can't live without them. I've been trying to write this for nearly 24hrs now, but everything that can go wrong has. The computer I use to read the memory card from my camera decided yesterday that I had a 2 terabyte card. I wish. Sadly this was too big for the computer to read. So no pictures. I though I would wait until my pet geek got home and might be able to persuade the machine to behave. Indeed he did persuade it to give back a couple of pictures. Including the one I wanted here.

It was late so I waited till this morning to try posting. Today blogger doesn't want to play. It won't upload my picture :( Apparently an engineer has been notified. I guess the computers just don't want you to see the back of the PCB, which now has almost all of it's solder on I just have one large blob to go. I'm quite pleased with it. It is currently pinned down trying to become flat and square again. To top it all my ISP has 'issues' so I have no email. Of course there are several emails I am actually waiting for, and if previous 'issues' are anything to go by I won't be getting them.

I also managed to get a quarter of the blocks done for gems 2 yesterday. Impressive when the studio is over 30 degrees and I have to iron things. Hopefully I can get the rest ready today and then Robin can get the quilt top assembled ready for me to start the quilting. Gems 1 is looking good the quilting is nearly finished, then we just need to think about the trimming and binding. I am thinking a Ricky Timms piped binding might be a good idea at this stage. I don't know about Robin but I don't fancy sitting for a day covered in a quilt to hand sew the binding so a machine finish would be great. I suppose we need to think about labels as well.

Why is it the more work you do on a project the more things you think of that you need to do for it?

No comments: