Saturday, July 01, 2006

Sitting Nude

I always wondered why paintings had such odd names, like 'Reclining nude' and here I am doing the same thing. Maybe it will get a better name before it makes it into public. After all your kind comments about the 'Nude triptych' (Hmmm that didn't get a better name) I spent a long time playing with a new image. Today I have got as far as the master drawing. It takes me a surprisingly long time to get the drawing done, about 3 hours, and I still need to ink it. Still I'm one step closer. I haven't decided what colour it will be yet. I do know I don't want to use flesh tones. I am tending to either blue or flame. I like the idea of doing a smooth image in flame colours. I suppose it doesn't really matter as once I have the drawing I can make as many as I like from the same pattern.

I have also managed to cut 36 solder spots. It might not seem like much of an achievement but I find it very difficult to do repetitive things. 30 unique blocks no problem, 30 identical I will get bored by about the third block. Strangely this solder is going to be the hardest part of the project for me, even though they are really simple to make. Of course they also need hand sewing, another no no for me.

Early night for me or I won't get up in the morning for Sandown. I am looking forward to it but I am far happier taking photos than being in them, and I know there will be cameras there.

No comments: