Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Sandown Entries Delivered

Well they are there safe and sound. I've delivered them all tightly rolled so hopefully they will look OK when they are hung. Last year one wasn't tight and creased where the roll was crushed. Also they were happy to put 'Do not fold' on the applique quilts that would be damaged by being folded. I am very impressed with the changes they have made to the quilt handling process. I am less impressed with my photography skills today.

I felt I should try to take a decent picture of each of these before the show. Neither of them will be coming back straight after it so it made sense. Sadly that wasn't to be. 'Tropical Punch' will be touring until November. It is part of the Batik Beauties' challenge and I think it goes to Harrogate and Edinburgh. The last quilt that did that sold as soon as it got back so I didn't get a lot of time to photograph it. Maybe the universe will be equally awkward this time, I would be quite happy for it to move on, but I would like a good picture for my site first. maybe I will get a chance to take it's picture at the show.

I also forgot to take a picture of the back of it. Of course the quilting didn't show in any of the pictures of the front. Again, I will try and get a picture at Sandown, failing that I will have to wait till November to put the picture in my portfolio.

Che will be heading home with his owner after the show, so I wanted to get a picture showing the binding. It did look fine on the camera, honestly. I wonder if I was shaking or something because they do both seem to be quite out of focus. Also I am quite sure this quilt was straighter in real life than it is in the picture. I guess it just wasn't may day for taking pictures. Still I will be at the show and I have friends I can ask to take pictures for me if I can't make it.

I also got to talk to other quilters when I dropped off my quilts. It's fun to meet people face to face instead of online or the phone. I'm really looking forward to the weekend now. I do now remember how hot the hall gets, so can we all think cooling thoughts for then.

The post today brought a new supply of Turning Twenty and Turning Twenty Again quilt patterns. I will be bringing them along to Sandown, so if you are after a copy do come and find me at the Patchwork Corner stand. I will also try and find space to display the Turning Twenty Again quilts that didn't quite get to MQS. I don't know if there will be anywhere to put them, but I figure I have to try.

Tomorrow I want to get my demonstration piece set up, I have a plan that I think will be fun, if I have enough of the fabric I want to use. I also want to work on my quilt creation for the NEC, I have been really looking forward to some of the NEC work I have left to do, but I couldn't do it until I had Sandown sorted. Ooooh I love it when I have just sent all the quilts off for a show. I feel so inspired and ready to get on with other things.

2 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

It's good to hear that some things go right for you after hearing all the frustrations of late. Here's best wishes and that the judges are equal to your cats in recognizing excellent quilts.

Dormouse said...

I'm hoping to get there either tomorrow or Saturday. I'll keep an eye out for you now I know what you look like.