Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Progress

I looks like my package was released by US customs overnight. After that it moved around the depot and then left. As it is now on a new airway bill that is addressed to me I think it might be on it's way home. I guess the theory is that in 2 days it might be home. So anyone fancy guessing when it will actually arrive at my door? It would be nice if it was soon. I've decided to enter 'Decadence' into Houston and I would very much like to take some better pictures of it. I have ones that would be fine for identification but they aren't as good as I would like for sending to a jury.

For sending my entry forms in I will try Fedex via Mail Box Etc. They offer a guaranteed next day service, and I will be sending my forms on Monday. That gives them 4 days to get them to their destination. It will be interesting to see if they can do any better than DHL.

Now I've also just checked on my Datapost package I sent on Monday. That is on a three day service. I have to say the tracking for that has been less the useful. It has been in transit since I sent it, which is in some ways the right answer, but I was hoping for a little more. It now says it is accepted, last scanned by delivery agent New York. Given I know it isn't going to New York I am guessing this doesn't mean it has been delivered, so does it just mean that a delivery agent has agreed to deliver it? There is also not date or time information on this tracking so it is hard to tell if it is on schedule to be in Utah tomorrow. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Yes it is what you think it is, and aren't you glad it didn't go DHL like it was supposed to.

No comments: