Saturday, August 06, 2011
New art quilt - day 1
I was fairly sure I wanted this one to be purple but that is a tricky colour to get hold of. I did have a look both in my stash and at the shop but I couldn't get the range of shades I needed. Today I had another look at my stash. As you can see there is quite a lot in there, although not as tidy as I would like, but not a massive run of purple especially not in large pieces. However as I was playing with them I realised the longer run is the slightly blue purples which means I can run into my second choice colour, blue. So the darkest parts will be very dark blues which I think will work really well. the darkest areas are the hair in this quilt so her hair will be blue with purple highlights, cool.
Having sorted out that problem I got on with putting the full size image together. I knew it was larger than I had at first planned, but well. It's a lot larger. I haven't got it all into one piece yet but I think it is going to work. It should be quite imposing when it's done. While I was hunting fabric I also found my stash of extra large freezer paper sheets. That's going to make things easier, if only I can find my big tracing paper too.