Friday, August 05, 2011

More customer quilts

This is another of the quilts that went back today. I loved working on this one. It's a kit by Starr Designs and very nicely constructed by a regular student. It was very time consuming. Every leaf is individually quilted with veins and the threads change colour to blend with the fabrics throughout the quilt.

After the deliveries I've had a chance to work on my monster wholecloth quilt. I've also discovered how out of practice I am at this really heavy quilting. So until I get back into the swing of it I will be taking lots of breaks and working on a new art quilt. Today I managed to get the pattern printed, at least I think I have. I'll put it together tomorrow and check, but I think it is going to be a bit larger than I had initially expected. Which will at least mean it fits in more shows so I guess that's a good thing. I'll need to see it to be sure though. Once I start working with the fabric I'll give you guys a sneak peak.

No comments: