Sunday, August 07, 2011
Mostly a wholecloth day
I've been alternating between my wholecloth and the art quilt again today, but for all the work there is no real progress to report on the art quilt. I finished putting the pattern together and decided it was too big. So a reprint was required. I put that together, and guess what, it's too small, and it's not that much smaller than the first one really. Still we both agree it needs to be somewhere in between the two patterns I have so the third one is sitting on the printer waiting for me to put it together. The really annoying bit is I suspect it is now back to the size of the test print I did and thought was too small. Poop!
The wholecloth on the other hand is coming along nicely. I can't believe how many pictures I've taken of it but I do want to keep it as a surprise so the picture tonight is of a section of the back of it. I didn't think the flowers would still be visible on the backing once I had added the quilting, but they are. I still don't think they will be all over but who knows. I did have a moment of concern today. I had chosen the thread colours a while ago and I thought one of them might be wrong, on the other hand I couldn't think of anything better. In the end I decided to go for it and hope that I had been right. I think I was. I am still over excited about this quilt (hence too many pictures). We have also started doing some filming. Once the quilt is out and about I will be able to show some footage of it growing. I hope it will be a really good record of the quilt but we will have to wait and see. The filming can only be a very small part of the total time spent quilting this thing so it may not work as well as I would like.