Friday, January 01, 2010

A new year

I had a plan for this year, and it's already in disarray. I though that after the crazy year last year this one would be a bit calmer. After all you can't need to fill a huge gallery two years in a row. Well I was right and wrong. I don't need to fill a gallery this year but I have already got more projects than I know what to do with. I've got a lead on doing some portraits I really want to do, I got another hush hush mission and a couple of shows that would like new pieces for their displays. As well as making quilts I have customer work to fit in and a book to get finished. Eeek. It's only the first day and the year already looks full. Am I complaining? Heck no. I wanted this career to work for me, and if that means having more work than I can shake a stick at for a while so be it. I am really excited about the projects I have lined up and I miss quilting when I take time off. I feel very lucky to be doing something I love. I could live without the cough and the sore throat though. Hopefully it's just from standing next to the bonfire last night. Anyway patterns and quilting await.

Happy New Year!

4 comments:

SheilasEmbroidery said...

Hope the cough doesn't get worse, my family brought it with them at Christmas and now my DS missed his New Year celebrations because he wasn't feeling well.

jan said...

Hi Ferret,
How strange you were next to a bonfire!!!! I hope your throat gets better soon, I have a nasty tickly cough that will not go, Hope yours doesn't develope to that. Good for you for all the work, it's what keeps us Quilters going methinks.
Happy New Year.
Jan

Maggi said...

Good to hear that things are going to be so busy for you, hope the cough doesn't get in the way. Happy New Year.

Trudi said...

Hope that cough hits the road soon! With so much on, I hope you've got those big zippers ordered, sounds like you're gonna be needng them! Happy New year to you!