Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Track your fabric

I've been a bit quiet since yesterday afternoon, because I have been panicking. I bought a lot ombre fabrics just to make Bad Rain. It arrived in several packages, and looked great. I thought I had put it all in the appropriate project pile. I tend to overbuy rather drastically for most projects, especially if I have to buy from America. So yesterday when I realised I had two large pieces still to cut I started to worry. I've been trying to get on and cut all the really big pieces. I've managed all but one piece and the ground. So as soon as Tet got home he had a look though my stash to see if he could come up with any good solutions. He found the perfect fabrics, then one package I had entirely forgotten and left in the wrong place! I now have the perfect fist and ground fabrics and can press on with a lot less stress. I didn't think I would have ordered so little fabric, so finding the other 25% has helped. Being the sad person I am, I am really excited to get on with the quilt. I'll try and take some more picture later.

3 comments:

Stephen Downey said...

Hurray for the fabric finding!
Wish I could see this in person but don't think I'll be able to fly over for the show :(

Take lots of pictures for me!

Susan Briscoe said...

I had a similar panic today and yesterday re sashiko thread in a particular shade of white... Those ombres look vital for the design. Glad you solved it!

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

I'm always on the lookout for ombre fabrics. Yesterday I found myself for the first time at Village Fabrics, they only had one and it was orange. I didn't look as orange is my least used fabric, but it's there if you need it.....