Well that's it. It is off the frame. I didn't realise while I was working quite how big it is. When Cy described it as a "Bad Rain: A Double-Page Bedspread" he was quite right. The picture doesn't show all of it because it more than covers our king size bed. Of course it wouldn't actually be any good as a bedspread, it's too fragile and too heavy, but size wise it looks the part.
I thought you might be interested in some facts and figures about this monster of a quilt.
- When bound the quilt will be at least 90"x70"
- There is over 4000m of thread on the front of the quilt
- About 40 pre-wound bobbins were used in this quilt
- More than 1/2m of solid black appears in the quilt - it surprised me, as most of the black - isn't
- 4 1/2 cans of 505 spray baste held the pieces down so I could stitch them
- 3/4 roll of freezerpaper was used to make patterns
- 5m of washaway stabiliser was the pattern and quilting design
- over 15m of ombre fabrics went in to this quilt.
- the master pattern was 112 sheets of A4 paper
I think I will take the rest of the evening off, and get on with a small art quilt tomorrow.