Monday, July 27, 2009

Hmm I forgot how fiddly cutting could be.

I've gone straight from the biggest art quilt to possible the smallest and most intricate I've done. I was looking forward to dealing with smaller pieces of fabric, I thought it would be easier. I had entirely forgotten how small some pieces are and how hard it is to cut them out without the fabric falling apart. Also when doing this really complex cutting I have to keep ironing the freezer paper pattern back in place with the bigger (all things are relative) piece on Bad Rain it was easier. Still the quilt is looking good even though it is progressing quite slowly at the moment. Being small I am making the top first and then mounting it on the longarm frame. It's nice to be able to sit and work and to be able to listen to audio books without wearing headphones.

No comments: