Monday, July 13, 2009


These two quilts have been waiting for a long time to get their turn on the quilt frame, but it finally came. I decided I needed a bit more of a breather between large art quilts and these fit the bill nicely. They will both be on display in my gallery at the Festival of Quilts, Birmingham, in August. It's also a great feeling to be able to cross two pieces of my list in one go. Hopefully they will both be dry and ready to trim when I get back after my talk this evening, which will be another step I can cross off.

I had hoped to have more cars for the show, but who knows I may get another chance to show a body of work and I can put them in then. I really do need to find a way to add more hours to each day. I have too many ideas and not enough time. On that note I had better finish loading the car and think about making a move to Kew for tonight's booking.

1 comment:

Linda Laird said...

Dear Ferret,

Many congratulations on your latest work, and on your first book! I say "Hear, hear!", along with Ricky Tims.

Will you be showing any work in Southern California in the near future? I've been a big fan of your's since I saw "Woman w/Rope" at Road to CA in 2008. I'd love to see more in person.

Keep up the good work,
Linda Laird