Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Small Art Quilt

I've made good progress today with the smallest of the art quilts I needed to complete for the Festival of Quilts. I've not quite finished quilting it but I don't think I am much over an hour off now. As soon as I have it off the frame I will get on with the next small quilt. I am starting to think I might actually get things finished. I've got a lot of hand sewing to do and some other bindings, but overall it is starting to come together. It is amazing how much more you can get done when you don't need to go out two days a week. I love my classes but the extra time to concentrate is really valuable right now. I'm sorry but I can't (won't) show you this piece until the show. It is a swap quilt and I want it's new owner to see it in it's best possible light. It will just have to be a surprise for you all.

No comments: