Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Golden Storm - Finished


I must like stress and pressure. How else can I explain the fact that I always finish a piece just in time to get it to a show. Still it is done now, and I can post it tomorrow. I've been saving up packages for a mass posting tomorrow, when 'Unraveling' will be off as well. 'Golden Storm' is going to Hever Castle for a show organized by region 2 of the Quilters Guild of the British Isles. The theme is Autumn splendor. For me this is what autumn is all about. Leaves blowing around. The leaves are actually very three dimensional, they look like they are about to fall off the background. In fact they are very secure but I wanted to capture the feel of them blowing about. The narrow brown border is free as well, as it is an insert like piping in the binding.

I hope I am going to have time to go and see the show, and ideally pick the quilt up. I have been given number 36 for my quilt so hopefully there will be a good display there and I love castles. The show it on the 8th to the 10th of September. The ticket says it will admit one to the exhibition and the grounds of the castle, so I guess it is in some ancillary building rather than the castle itself. If anyone is planning on going and interested in meeting up, let me know.

7 comments:

jenclair said...

What a beautiful quilt! I am so ready for fall and this image reminds me of Shelley's leaves of "yellow, and black, and pale and hectic red..."

Ferret said...

thank you, nie to know it is doing it's job,

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous quilt. Hever show always used to be held in a marquee in the grounds. There is a water maze that is fun if the weather is farm. Enjoy the show.
Anne

Anonymous said...

What a stunning quilt. I've just come back from walking the dogs in the woods and you've captured the feel of the leaves swirling perfectly.

I've just been looking through you blog. I remember Miss Baltimore from Sandown. I hope you're not offended that is made us laugh loads.

Kathy

Ferret said...

Ah! A marquee would make sense. I like the idea of a maze too. I used to live in Kent but never got round to going to Hever castle.

I am not at all offended that 'Miss Baltimore' made you laugh. It was supposed to challenge the theme and that sounds like an ideal response.

Penny said...

That's really lovely, and very autumnal. They do look just like real leaves.

Anonymous said...

Thats a wicked looking quilt

Lind