Monday, August 28, 2006

todays lesson - sunday

I think i have learned something today. I should not announce to anyone, even myself, that I am planning a restful day. It is just asking for trouble. I am at Shakespeare County raceway theoretically watching Tet race and taking a few photos. No chance. The car Tet drives runs in two classes. Normally there is a reasonable gap between these classes so you have time to let the car cool down and refuel it. Today they chose to run them right after each other, so the car goes down the track and almost straight back to the start line. Well i an sure you have seen the pit stops done by circuit racers. I have spent today trying to do much the same thing. It was fun but not quite as relaxing as I had planned.

On the way to dinner we spotted warwick cathedral. Given it was still light after we had eaten I got a chance to in and take some photographs. It is a great building with lots of architectural details. Even the wall around it is fantastic, with lots of different doorways in it. There was even a gateway into a garden. Lots more images to use in my work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

did he win any

lind

Ferret said...

Sadly not, the event got rained off on the Monday. He did get through the first round though, and we were pretty hopeful of a good result.

Still we can't control the weather and it did mean I got my quiet and relaxing day.