Monday, March 05, 2007

turning twenty again

I am still not feeling too clever and quilting show quilts didn't seem clever so i had to find something else to do today. It needed to be something that would help with getting show entries done. I want to enter some bread and butter quilts into a show but no one brings of the types they want. The pattern for turning twenty again arrived a few days ago, it claims to be really easy and it is one of the required patterns. Seems ideal really for a dim day when i need to be productive. I started cutting the fabric about 2pm and i am working on 30 fat quarters. I have just finished making the units to build the blocks. I don't think it will take more than another hour to have all 30 16.5" blocks done. I am impressed with how quick it has been i expected it to take longer given it isn't speed pieceing. On the other hand there was more waste than i expected but i am sure i will use all the scraps somehow.

It has also inspired me to think about designing quilts using fat quarters. I had already been planning quilts using strips but this gives of a whole new line to follow. I have even more incentive too. If i can make a good enough pattern it might become one of the allowed bread and butter quilts. How cool would that be?

No comments: