Sunday, March 25, 2007

Just Sometime You Get Lucky



I am working very hard trying to get my entries for MQS ready, and it hasn't all gone according to plan so far. You may remember that I am waiting for more thread to let me finish My Fat Quarter Of Paradise. Well last night I though I was going to have two unfinished quilts. The almost full cone of thread I had started with was looking pretty skinny and I was only half way through the quilting. There is no way I could have got another spool of this in time. It had to work, and just last. As you can see from the picture, it did, just. How close was that? The picture shows what is left of a 3000m cone of thread. There isn't even any left on the machine to putt through a new thread, that's the lot. I am feeling very lucky. More amusing was the thread on the bobbin was the same length, that I could have rewound, but it is nice to have an empty bobbin instead of an annoy little bit left.

As you can see I decided to quilt this Turning Twenty Again with my Decadence Scrolls. It is a lovely fill to work and is very quick for the density of quilting. I see me using this quite a lot. It is very similar to the quilting I did on Miss Baltimore who won me an award for the quilting, so hopefully I am not the only one who thinks it looks good.

Is this picture good enough as a close up of quilting? It is hard for me to tell as I know what it looks like. Also I think it is effected by the type and resolution of monitor. So let me know if I have cracked it or if I need to put up larger images.

5 comments:

Joyce said...

The quilting shows up well on my monitor esp on the black. Nice job. You are lucky. Usually I run out when I am short by that much, not left over. Empty bobbins are nicer than just too much to throw away but not enough to do anything with. Sometimes I use those bits for basting.

Dormouse said...

The quilting looks great on my monitor too. I love the scrolls, what a gorgeous pattern, are they free hand?

Ferret said...

Glad to hear the quilting is showing up ok. Yes hey are free hand, I don't really like patterns I find them hard work and I like to be able to see where I am working. For example on this quilt top I tried to shuffle the curls a bit so the high contrast areas were the most interesting bits.

Anonymous said...

Great quilting and tremendous luck! We are all due some every once in a while.

Lokidokicoki said...

Quilting shows up fine for me :)

___
Twig