Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Quilters - What a bunch!

How many businesses could turn to their competitors in times of crisis? Not many in my experience, but when I asked for help from the other UK longarmers I was inundated with offers of help. I have reached the point where I couldn't afford to wait any longer for my thread for "My Fat Quarter Of Paradise". I had to try and get the thread another way, so I asked if anyone else had any. Wow it is a lot more popular than I had ever hoped. I love the fact that people were keen to help, no one seemed pleased that I was struggling. It's almost like being part of one big company. We are all pulling the same way.

I also noticed that a lot of quilters read their email at the same time. Well judging from the string of phone calls :) So next time you are feeling lonely (and it is quite a lonely profession) rest assured there is someone else doing the same thing far closer than you would imagine.

I have also been making progress on the current project, though not as much as I would have liked. I have just started putting colour on it. I decided it was time to stop when I noticed the time and then broke my bobbin thread twice by bad cornering. I think I need to get to bed. I feel so supported and taken care of, thank you all so much.

1 comment:

Nellie's Needles said...

Yes, it is an amazing community. I can't offer help with run-out-of supplies, but my thoughts and words of encouragement for the wonderful creations that you make will keep coming.