Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Latest Quilting Revealed




Well as this quilt has now gone back to it's owner and she is happy I will show you the quilt that was causing me all the stress with feathers.

The bit that was giving me the problems was the setting triangles, the more traditional feathers. They don't look too scary now they are done but boy did I struggle with them. Oddly I had moments when I could just do it and all was well, then suddenly they were hard again. It was a very odd experience.

On a more positive note the feathers in the kaleidoscopes were great fun to do. I love the way they flow. I've started putting them onto my quilt this evening. Of course the machine detected my desire to do this quickly and has been having a bit of a strop. Still it is going well and I love the way it looks, so I will persevere. I am a little concerned I may run out of thread. I have a 3000m cone but I am using it front and back. I can't remember how big it was before I started, but I think I will weigh a similar one and compare it to this one. If I am short I guess I will have to order another. Rather annoying given it will have to come from the USA. Still I have a little time to get things together.

I have lots of things I want to get on with now. I have a nude to quilt, a pattern to finish writing up and not one but two quilts to make for the local quilt shop. The best bit is these are all actually exciting and I want to be getting on with them. Sadly no amount of excitement adds hours to the day. It really should you know. So much to do so little time.

2 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Now I understand your excitement about the peacock feathers. They are fabulous in the kalaidoscope-like pinwheel shapes. Also, they coordinate nicely with the regular feather pattern in the negative design spaces.

Ferret said...

Yes it is tricky trying to talk about what I am up to without blowing secrets, but I am so pleased it makes sence now. I hope to put up some pictures of the batik quilt later tonight, after I calm down from DHL.