Monday, March 26, 2007

Practice makes...

...if not perfect certainly a lot better. I have spent most of this evening doing ruler work on a mariners compass. You might remember the last ruler work I did was for Wait some months ago. It drove me nuts and I hated it. Tonight it is just working. I guess the 12+ hours a day I have been using the machine are now paying off, even though this is a very different technique. I suppose being more comfortable with your machine just improves everything you do with it. It seems odd that a year ago I didn't even have the machine working. It's amazing how far I have come since Myrna Ficken fixed my machine. It actually seems quite unreal.

Now I am really looking forward to a nice long hot bath. I ache in all sorts of odd places from tracing designs and using the ruler so much. I feel like I have earned it.

No comments: