Thursday, March 22, 2007

On hold and bored


I am still on hold, apparently my call is important and they are experiencing a high number of calls. Well yes if the web site isn't booking collections I would think they are. Still I also suspect that a competent bug report will be appreciated so I will stay on hold a little longer.

To try and overcome the boredom I have taken a photo of the face I painted this afternoon. I am not entirely happy with it, the lips are far too dark. I wonder if I would have been better off just working in a sepia tone through out as his lips are pretty much the same colour as his skin. Still it is a lot better than I would have expected to be able to do and didn't take that long either so I am quite happy. It also gave me the chance to go through all the steps again so hopefully I will remember them now. I find I have to do things at least twice before they start to sink in.

I do plan on doing a few more to try and really get this into my brain, but I am struggling to find willing victims. I guess I will have to stick to famous people for now.

Hmm, so having finally got through, it was a glitch. No they aren't going to look into it afterall I have organized another collection, and it hasn't happened to anyone else. If I book by phone it won't happen again. Well Duh! Got to love help desks.

2 comments:

Beverly said...

Tried to comment on your first painted face, Blogger wasn't cooperating that night. Your faces look wonderful, you are giving me the courage to jump in- I have Bonnie's book also, and faces is what I am planning for my last journal quilt.

I love visiting to see all your new creations, and I'm never disappointed!

Ferret said...

Do have a go it is a lot easier than it might seem. The good news is it only uses a small amount of fbric so you don't have much to lose if it goes wrong.

Do make sure you have good brushes, you cant do good work with bad tools.

Have fun and I look forward to seeing the results.