Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Why is it....

... that when you sit back and admire the finish on something it always seems to have to be taken apart and redone. Or is it just me this happens to. I've just put a waistband onto a skirt. It looks great. I will be taking it back off later, to put it on correctly. I somehow managed not to leave the under lap. Which is odd as I remember marking it and lining up the edge of the skirt with the mark. I guess at some point I moved it, but why I have no idea. I think I will leave it for now and do something else. I have plenty of cutting out to do that should be fairly simple. At least the skirt looks good I suppose.

Last year at the Festival of Quilts the organizers asked if they could use one of my quilts for advertising the Festival this year. I agreed but then heard no more, and I had forgotten about it. Today they got in touch, they are still interested in using my work to advertise the show. I am thrilled, not only because they like my work and have remembered me, but also because they are keen to push quilting forward. They want to make it clear it isn't old and boring and encourage younger people to have a go. If I can help achieve that I will be very pleased. I think this is possibly the most important thing for the show to be doing, we need more quilters.

4 comments:

Nellie's Needles said...

Yeah! that your art will promote that quilt show. I'm with you about giving greater exposure to what quilting can be ... art.

Ferret said...

Well that is the idea, and trying to appeal to a wider audience. I just hope we don't end up putting people off. This time last year I would have been sure we would, now I think things have moved on, it should be OK.

Anonymous said...

Excellent! do you know what piece you will use? or do they choose?

Ferret said...

I suspect it will be one or more nudes, that is what really caught their interest at the show last year. They took a lot of pictures of me and the nudes then.As I have made more since and will be putting them in the show this year I think they will use them.

They are very keen to show quilting and something exciting and modern, and as we know nudes are very new :) Classical nudes I think they are called :)