Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Couriers!

I just can't believe the time and effort required to set up an account with a courier company. I spent most of the day yesterday dealing with them, and so far all of today. I can't settle to do anything else (and I have a lot to do) while I keep getting phone calls. It is so frustrating. The fact that I am stressing about the forms going out today doesn't help either. Argh! I know it will all be easy once it is collected but that may not be until 4.30pm so I may end up losing the whole day. I can't even go out because I have to be here when they do send someone to collect the package. Still once it is done I should be able to book collections easily and it will mean I can get my quilts to America in a sensible time frame. I know how couriers keep their customers, it is just too painful to change.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

And even when you do book a pickup successfully, they can't give you a time. Or they don't show up at all (thank YOU, UPS, for yesterday).

Dormouse said...

A-men to that. I'm sitting here waiting for a replacement mobile phone to be delivered. Should have been here by 9.00. Husband left at 1.00 to catch a plane to Amsterdam. Still no damn phone. :(

Ferret said...

I am so sorry to hear how many others are playing the same games at the moment. I apparently will have a pick up before 5pm. Keep your fingers crossed folks I am out of time on this one I have to get this out today.

We do have a back up plan, drive it to their depot and demand they deliver it. It might work. Hopefully it won't come to that.

Anonymous said...

just wanted to thank you for visiting my xanga blog ( http://xanga.com/rachelsent ). i've also got this blog, but not quite sure how the whole thing works yet....

you have done some brilliant work!

rachel/DreamWoven

Dormouse said...

I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you.

I've had a phone call to say that the phone won't be here till tomorrow. Cheers! :(

Ferret said...

Sorry to hear that Dormouse. I hope they at least deliver it tomorrow.

I've tried having a shower to wash away the stress from the couriers. Not sure it worked but I am sure I smell better :)