Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Grump

I know this is pathetic, and I should get over it but I am miffed. I was planning on entering the AQS show in Paducah, but when I looked at the form carefully I found my quilts are all wrong. They have very specific sizes you have to meet to enter. So I can't enter, but I thought I would ask why. It seems to random to declare all quilts much be over 40" long for example. Today I got an answer, well sort of. In their Nashville show they will accept quilts as small as 30" square. Well how nice. No explanation nothing. I shouldn't be surprised, it shouldn't bother me, but it does.

I feel that they have decided that a lot of quilts aren't valid, and for a quilters society that feels wrong. I hope they don't look at it that way but given they won't explain how would I know. I have a year left to run on my membership, which I will not renew, and I don't really want to have now. See said it was pathetic. This has just pushed my wrong button big time. I know a lot of people were disappointed by these restrictions, so maybe the restriction could be reconsidered. Are there really no valid quilts between miniatures and 30"? Can we all apply for bigger houses from the AQS so we have space to hang 'right' quilts.

Now I have work to do, and just today I got an artists newsletter discussing how easily artists are put off. How little things can bug them for ages... Hmmm, did he have a time machine and read my emails :)

3 comments:

Dormouse said...

That seems petty and arbitrary. I'd be grumpy about it too.

Ferret said...

Thanks, nice to know I haven't completely lost it. I have almost finished a very nice binding too, on an engine cozy :) I love that I get to work on wierd stuff.

Dormouse said...

Engine cozys and car covers are so much cooler than bridesmaids dresses.

I'm a freak aren't I?