Friday, January 19, 2007

Art in the Mail





I really like getting quilts in the post. It's so fun. I know, I know, you told me, but it isn't the same as doing it. I am going to have to start working small and posting them. Here are my first two quilts made by others.

This first one is from Kate. I should have taken a picture of the back of it as well. It has a colours backing and it is great. The design is couched threads and fancy stitches. It also has sequins. Remember these quilts are only 6"x4", and they are quite tricky to photograph well.

This second one is by Nellie Bass Durand. It is of Lake Michigan. I had to give you a close up of the piecing on this one. There aren't any raw edges! It's really raised the bar for the landscapes I have planned. This is the card that started me on the Art Share Meme.

I am so thrilled with both of these. I am trying to think of a good way to display them. I might try and design a quilted album to put them in. I have some clear plastic that I could probably sew into pages to make pockets for them, but I don't know if it would out gas and damage them. I suppose I could use some sort of net or mesh and take the cards out when I want a good look at them. Either way, I want more so I will have to get to work. Thanks guys they are great.

1 comment:

Nellie's Needles said...

I love the orange postcard and am glad you like mine. Having no raw edges is easy. Come on over to my weblog and look for "Curved Piecing My Way".