Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Successful day?

Well I ran all my errands today. 'Under the rainbow' went down well. Hopefully it will inspire people to make it. My Dragonfly quilt is up at Patchwork Corner, advertising the class I will be teaching there in March. The nudes are back home, and taking a rest. They seem to like being stored flat for a while every so often. Finally the car covers went to their owner, who seemed very pleased with them and the washing instructions. I settled on printing them on fabric and sewing it to the bag of the cover and the inside of the engine cozy. It seems to have done the trick.

Can you hear a but coming? Well there is. As I pulled up to the garage to deliver the covers I managed to break the exhaust on the car. Not so surprising, it is a lowered car and tends to catch on things. What is impressive is I broke the manifold! For those not familiar with cars, this is not normal. The exhaust itself is fairly thin metal, and usually corroded so pretty easy to break. The manifold (on this car at least) is cast and very thick. It is usually quite strong. I am guessing it already had a fracture in it which is how I managed it. Either way it meant I had to get the car trailered home, it was too loud and likely to fill the car with fumes for me to want to try driving it. I did get very lucky with my recovery service, they picked me up in about 20 min and got me straight home, no fuss or complaints at all. Good enough that I called them to say how pleased I was, which seemed to make the day of the call center staff I spoke to. So if you get great service, consider telling them, we are all quick to complain when it goes wrong, it's a shame they don't hear more about the success.

Now I can get down to some serious work on the Monet inspired bridge I need to get done by the weekend. Oh yes, I checked on when I can show you all 'Under the Rainbow', I will put a picture up just before the magazine with it in comes out. As I said I have plans for a couple of similar quilts, so you might get to see them first.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been admiring your work for a while since I first followed your posts on the longarm list. Its fun to see the longarm used so different from traditional work.

Ferret said...

I plan on pushing the longarm as far as I can with all manner of fun new tricks.

Dormouse said...

Really looking forward to seeing Under the Rainbow.

That was nice of you to phone and thank them for good service. I'll bet that almost no one has ever done that. I've never even thought about it... I shall now though.

Ferret said...

Well as I see it I am quite happy to complain long and hard when things go wrong, but I know people are far more motivated by being told they are doing something good. So it just makes sence to take any oportunity to praise good service. Frankly it is so rare now it doesn't take much time to praise everyone who is doing a great job.