Tuesday, January 02, 2007

What a short Day!

The down side of being up all night is getting up late and the next day being rather short. Still I did manage to do my audit of achievements. I am pretty pleased with last year, but I have so many plans and ideas for this one. I can tell already there aren't going to be enough hours in the day, days in the the week, or weeks in the year.

I've updated my white board with the next batch of shows I want to enter (and a couple I haven't decided about). Just the ones I am sure about will mean entering 14 quilts into shows, by the end of March. Fortunately some of those will be quilts I have already made. In particular, I have a deadline for the end of this month, and two quilts I would be quite happy to enter there, having checked the rules I think either would be accepted. Yay. That takes a little pressure off.

Under the Rainbow, is all packed up ready to go. It took forever to de-lint. The Hobbs organic cotton wadding seems to get everywhere. I love it, but the clean up is distinctly sub optimal. Maybe I can come up with a way to reduce it's spread. I haven't taken the photos yet, so I suppose I will have to unpack it tomorrow morning and do that.

I got an email from SAQA today. "and fly away" didn't make it into the Transformations show. I didn't think it would so I wasn't too surprised, though not the best start to a new year. On the other hand they only accepted 24 quilts out of over 340 entries, so there are a lot more disappointed people than happy ones. It does mean it is free to be entered elsewhere. Also I am trying to work out if I can enter the same quilts in the IMQS show and the Festival of quilts. Theoretically it should be fine. In fact there should be most of a month between them coming back from one show and going off to another, but what if anything goes wrong? Also am I tempting fate at that point? If them getting back late doesn't matter they are bound to get home safe and on time, but if they could cause real trouble by going missing... Well I can postpone that decision for a while.

No comments: