Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Woo Hoo

I've just come back from giving a talk to Mead Quilters in Wheathampstead. I think I am finally getting into the sawing of this, or maybe being tired after doing a days work else where sops me getting so stressed. Either way I am told it went down well, for some reason I never seem to hear applause, don't know why. Still Robin is more on the ball and he was helping out again tonight.

I had to pack very quickly tonight, as I didn't have long between jobs. When I arrived at the hall and started sorting the quilts I was amazed how many I had. When they are all here I really do have a huge collection. It does mean that I am guaranteed to have plenty to talk about, even if I forget myself and talk too quickly. I suppose it is good I have at last found a job where speaking loudly is an advantage. The end of the talk is still quite scary, you answer questions then invite people up to see the quilts. Then wonder if they will, then panic as you are mobbed. It is amazing how fast quilters can move when they want to. I am sure they were all walking slower when they arrived.

Anyway I have another long day ahead and I really want to be on site a little early tomorrow so I had better go to bed. Tired but happy. Oh yes, I have placed an order for more Turning Twenty and Turning Twenty Again patterns. I think they should be here in a couple of weeks. If you want to order now would be a good time, I don't seem to have them in stock very long.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

Glad the talk went well- it seems to be getting less stressful the more often you do it, at least judging by your posts! I hope one day I get to see your work in person- perhaps not so far fetched, since my daughter is off to Switzerland to au pair for a year and I would love to be able to visit Europe again.
I can imagine your frustration with designing a project, and having the clients change their mind. Here's hoping the second go round is better--

Nellie's Needles said...

YEAH!

Penny said...

You must be relieved the talk went well. I think quilters like to see other people's work.

I've sort-of tagged you for an "8 random things about myself" meme, but only if you have time to do it now.