Wednesday, May 23, 2007

KDU - RIP

For the first time the rust monsters have defeated us. Kdu is beyond repair, economic or otherwise. The rust which didn't look too bad on first inspection (even by the experts) has turned out to be fatal. Sadly I do trust these guys to know what they are talking about and as fellow Capri enthusiasts they don't make this statement lightly. They are certain the body shell is beyond help, and I am equally certain the running gear is. That leaves us with wheels, suspension and an interior, very little else. They are planning on checking over the running gear tomorrow so see if they think it is worth transplanting to a new body shell, but I am pretty certain it isn't. I suppose nearly 300,000 miles isn't too bad, but she will be sorely missed.

After spending some time looking for pictures I realised why I can't find any. I had this car before I had a digital camera so the pictures will be on paper in a box. Doh! We think I have had this car about 8-9 years and I have done well over 100,000 miles in her.

2 comments:

Betsy True said...

As someone else who names her cars and has a car that we've had since 1983, I understand how you feel. It does sound like a great lifespan and lots of good memories of the car! We have a photo album dedicated to our cars, you could have one, too. Scan in a picture of KDU!

Penny said...

That's a lot of mileage, she's served you well. But its a shame she couldn't last even longer.