Thursday, May 10, 2007

Home at last, but still working

So what can I tell you. The weekend was a race meeting at Shakespeare County Raceway, it wasn't our most successful event. The car wasn't really up for playing and just as we got it working the rain started. When we gave up on the racing I drove to a friends house for the night, managing to get sunburn. Go figure it was raining just before we left the track and the journey only took 40 minutes. The rain and the early mornings did give me time to do some hand sewing. I took 5 quilts with me and finished 3 of them. I was pretty pleased with that. I also managed to knit most of a sock.

The following day (Tuesday) I was in a studio having my picture taken. Those who have known me a while will understand what a big deal that is. I don't like cameras being pointed at me. I never have, I think it is mostly a confidence issue. I have been told several times recently that I really need to get a picture of me for my web site, so it is something I have been thinking about. Then my friend was given the task of photographing someone who might become famous. Well that's easy to find isn't it. After she had spent a while trying to find someone I offered, I figure I might get to be well known among quilters so I sort of count, and I did need to get some pictures taken. It was a surprisingly good experience. Maybe the photographer knowing how much you hate the idea of having your picture taken helps, or maybe them knowing you well in general is the key. Either way I would actually consider doing it again now so that is progress. I've seen a few of the pictures and I even like some of them. It's very odd.

Wednesday was another early start and off to a customers site. I wish I could tell you what I have been sewing. I am thrilled to be working on it, but it has to remain a secret for now. Believe me it is harder for me that for you. I think I will be there for most of next week baring other off site bookings. It does mean I am unlikely to make it to the post office soon. Sorry folks. I am working very hard at home to make up time as I hadn't planned to have this large job. There is no way I am going to miss working on it though, so somehow I will get everything done.

I was thrilled to get home and find I had post yesterday. Beverly it is beautiful. I don;t think mine stands up too well in comparison, but I do hope you won't be disappointed. I will put up a picture of her postcard (yes quilted) as soon as I have time to photograph it. Oh yes I will say that the reason I need to get to the post office is mine are a bit bigger than cards. You know me, when I work small it doesn't fit a bed.

So now I am back to working on the sample of my latest pattern. I came home to a message telling me my next project will be with me soon too. It's great knowing that there are more things coming up, but boy it is getting tricky to schedule the show quilts in too.

Argh I know there are lots more things I want to say but I can't remember and I really must get back to work. I'll try and get another update on tomorrow.

3 comments:

Beverly said...

I am so glad you like it! And, I hope to see a portrait of you posted on the blog- always nice to have a name and face connected.

I can be patient, and am not worried about being disappointed in the least.

Penny said...

No wonder you haven't bveen posting, you do sound really busy. And if you can't post about these projects, it makes it that much harder to blog about anything.

Ferret said...

It is so frustrating, I do want to shout it from the roof tops, I am so pleased to be working on this project. Oh well I will have to be patient. Hopefully my last big secret should become public domain soon and I can talk about that.

I'll talk to the photographer about getting an image for blogger sooner rather that later.