Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Am I allowed to be stressed?

I checked the tracking number for my MQS quilts this morning and although the driver thought they would have been delivered today they showed as sitting in a warehouse in the East Midlands, this country. So I thought I would give DHL a call and just check on them, and see if there was a problem. Nope no problem they just missed their connection. They will definitely arrive tomorrow. OK so why are they still sitting in the same warehouse then with a later time? Maybe the tracking system is broken and they really have made it onto a plane to America, alternatively have they been lost in the warehouse and forgotten about. I really have got to find another courier, this is just silly. It's not as if they are even cheap, this is the best part of 200 GBP ($400) to ship the quilts, and it doesn't look like they will make it to the show. I can't even phone them until the morning. Keep your fingers crossed that the tracking system is broken and that the quilts really are on their way. Thanks

3 comments:

CONNIE W said...

Ferret, How awful for you if the quilts don't make it! I can't believe it costs that much money to ship, I had NO IDEA! I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you that it works out!!! Hugs.

Featheronawire Sally Bramald said...

Fingers crossed. How much time have you allowed for them to clear US customs?
Sally

Ferret said...

I am assured (and indeed it has been true in the past) that they will go pretty much straight through customs. This is due to the clearance agent being trusted to supply paperwork and pay the charge (whihc there shouldn't be).

Unfortunately their tracking system seems to be the one thing that is working and my quilt is still in the country :(