Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I've done it now

Well I've entered the Summer Exhibition. I can't quite believe it, but it did make sense as my next challenge. I don't rate my chances, apparently they prefer small pieces and 'normal' media. Still the sooner I start trying the sooner they will get the idea that textiles might be worth considering. Next year I will try and get organized earlier though, I like less panic. Actually I did try to be organized this year. I did check the Royal Academy site several times about the time I thought the forms should come out, but I stopped before they came up. I'll blame it on being preoccupied with my own show I think.

The show has continued to have strange bonus effects. I've discovered (with the aid of a friend) a new restaurant. It is an Eastern European restaurant in Camden near the Round House. Zorya, opened about three weeks ago, and describes itself as 'Imperial Vodka Bar'. It certainly has a very impressive vodka menu, two sides of A4 covered in quite small text. The vodkas are grouped by country, so for those who have strong views on where their vodka should come from it's perfect. Despite my great love of vodka I haven't even started on this menu as they also have a very interesting cocktail menu. It's not a huge selection, but they are really interesting cocktails. Between us we have tried most of these, and they are great. Food wise I have been failing you all. I've managed to try two starters and two deserts (both great) but only one main course. Their roast duck it astoundingly good. I think it will take me some time to try something else. Please do go and try this restaurant, I really want it to do well, the staff are friendly and food good. The address is 48 Chalk Farm Road, London NW1 8AJ.

1 comment:

Kate North said...

I've been past that restaurant, not eaten in it, but as DH's work is shortly moving to Camden, I foresee occasions where I might - glad to have some inside knowledge...